Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

What circuits are involved: air conditioning and power

Customer Question

what circuits are involved: air conditioning and power windows quit working at once
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name Is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. Please give me a sec and I'll pull up the diagram.

Here's the window diagram. Let me pull up the a/c to determine if they share a circuit.

Are your blower controls working? Is the compressor engaging?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok--
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no blower or compreeor engagement

Those are the best schematics I have access to, as Gm doesn't support 1988 any more. I'll open this up more to allow others to chime in.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please hurry, I'm out of business till fixed,,---also smell hot insulation with engine running for short time--
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, service charged my credit card, still am no better ----tried phone number;,got runaround about online messaging---'
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Stu, My name is***** you still need further help with this? We can do a live phone consult if it is easier. Your deposit you made sits with the site until you get the information you need and your questions are answered. Check all your fuses and relays. Also test your fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch on by testing for power with a test light or volt meter at the top metal tabs of the fuse. Any fuse with power only on one side is bad. Let me know

check the harness for any burnt connections or shorted/bare wiring causing a short between the two circuits as they are separate circuits. Either you have two separate problems or there is a short in the harness somewhere. Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanx, all,---I'm finding something plugging into Engine ControlModule,;-is this for real, or is it misprint?----

Yes the AC circuit ties into the ECM and there is also the AC cutout relay as well

Check the ground for that circuit if you have confirmed power for the clutch and the blower relay. Verify both power and ground and let me know