Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Have codes p0340 p0108 and p1106, yes and as soon as i reset

Customer Question

have codes p0340 p0108 and p1106
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes and
as soon as i reset it the codes came back
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1997 chevy suburban c1500 5,7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. looked at connectors and they are ok but can do much car is on side of rode
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i am in ca and it is hot today 105 started car and drove 3 blocks check gauge came on braking became hard to press rolled to a stop. when key in in (koeo) sounds like a buzzing noise like a bright bulb is on very on now car wont start battery at 12v i hear click
ing from stater but nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

so right now the engine will NOT physically crank over at all ?

any access to a multi meter or test light ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no and not with me
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

ok we have to do a few tests to see if the starter has 12 volts at it at the bog power wire and see if the small purple shows 12 volts when holding the key to crank position

you need to also be 100 % sure the battery cables are both clean and tight and the ground at the passenger side lower front of the engine block near the balancer is clean and tight

if all that checks out fine can you turn the engine over by hand with a breaker bar and socket on the front center crank bolt ?

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it has new battery and new cables and terminals are cleaned. starter is not even 6 months old but checked it and it is all good not loose, burned, corroded or even damaged wires
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

see if the engine will crank over 2 times by hand clockwise with a breaker bar

if it will you need to check the volts at the starters big power wire

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok if it does crank over by hand 2 times does that mean its not a mechnical problem
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

that is correct

then it is a power or ground issue or starter issue but something along that

if it will not turn over by hand then it is an accessory on the front of the engine that the belt runs is frozen up which you can remove the drive belt and if it turns over with the belt off its something the belt runs of it still will not turn over then the starter is jammed out or there is an internal engine issue

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
does crank by hand however the codes are throwing me off p0340 p0108 and p1106
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

well those codes will NOT cause it to not physically crank over

you need to test for the 12 volts at the big power wire at the starter and for 12 volts at the purple when holding the key to crank

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
cable from starter to battery melted near exhaust manifold went to autozone a bought new one now it starts and rerouted the cable now car starts but the codes stayed and when i put koeo rpm already is at 4000 rpm in has brand new engine and transmission not even 1 year old. engine starts with a little gas but as soon as i take my foot of gas pedal car turns off
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

at idle what is the MAP reading for volts ? then engine off with the key ON what is it reading ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
car cant stay at idle turns off
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

unplug the cam sensor is the black a GOOD ground and is the pink 12 volts with the key ON ?