Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Suburban. When the lights are in AUTO the DRLs do not

Customer Question

2007 Suburban. When the lights are in AUTO the DRLs do not come on and the instrument panel also does not light up. When the headlight come on with low light condition, the instrument panel lights come on. The instrument panel lights also come on if I turn the fog lights on or manually turn the headlights on. The function of turning the light switch to off does not toggle the DRLs off and on. I just purchased the truck so I don't know how long this has been a problem. Fusses don't appear to be the problem nor the bulbs. Does the 2007 also have a diode in this DRL circuit? Suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

When the lights are in AUTO the DRLs do not come on and the instrument panel also does not light up. Is it dark during this event and are the headlights and parking lights on?

The function of turning the light switch to off does not toggle the DRLs off and on. With the headlight switch off, are the DRLs remaining on with he key on? In park with the parking brake set, will this turn the DRLs off?

What I gather is, the DRLs do not work in the auto lamp setting and you want to know how to turn the DRLs off?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris