JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have 2013 duramax with 70k miles dealer telling me

Customer Question

i have 2013 duramax with 70k miles dealer telling me catalytic converter is bad. eleven hundred dollars. I have already replaced cold air heater and some control module at 50k Does that seem right? also I've heard after warranty i should have exhaust and all smog took off?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

50 k then its still under federal emissions warranty correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No the first repair was this is at 70k now and is in shop now

Under federal law, the catalytic converter and engine-control module are covered for eight years or 80,000 miles. yes after warranty delete the converter and get a tune and emissions delete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks

yourre welcome! please rate me for 3 to 5 stars so ican get paid for my service and if you have any further questions please dont hesitate to ask

please rate me between 3 and 5 stars if your satisfied with my assistance and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you