Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to get my car started! Could the pass lock have

Customer Question

I need to get my car started! Could the pass lock have anything to do with the trunk? I bought this car used and the guy had a vice grip holding something in the upper part of trunk I never ask him why the trunk worked it just wouldn't stay up cuz of the weight of that vice grip. My nephew undid the vice grip then the theft system thing started making my car not start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The first day it started for about 2-3 seconds then turned off, so I took the battery to auto zone and got new battery but my nephew didn't put the bolt thing at the bottom on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 cavalier
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have I don't know much about cars but I tried the 10 minute thing. When the battery new was put in it started again for 2-3 seconds then turned off.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Could it be a fuse? And that vice grip was connected to something black under the trunk top. It is also a refurbished car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

With the key in the run position is the theft light on or flashing?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris