HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

No oil pressure registers when idle ... ckeck gauges light

Customer Question

no oil pressure registers when idle ... ckeck gauges light comes on
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: 2001 chevy blazer 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no not doing it myself ... mainly wanting what to expect price wise or do I need to think new vehicle ... roughly 189000 miles ... everything else works great
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no ... I would really like to keep vehicle if not too expensive to fix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Inspect the oil pressure switch for leakage. If its leaking it will show a low reading or incorrect reading. If it isnt leaking, it will need to be removed to perform an engine oil pressure test to make sure the switch isnt defective and the engine is ok. If it has low oil pressure, the engine would need to be inspected for oil sludging, bearing inspection. Clogged pickup screen. These items would contribute to low oil pressure at idle or an issue with the oil pressure regulator valve sticking or internal engine wear.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, the question remains open until it is rated, if you need more help let me know.