GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have been working on my 03 Silverado 5.3 months. One day

Customer Question

I have been working on my 03 Silverado 5.3 for 3 months. One day out of the blue I started it and it ran really bad. I got 14 codes, some were (no communication 2) (transfer case control module) (multi miss fire) I replaced the fuel pump, filter, regulator, cam sensor, crank sensor, swaped out the PCM and BCM. I did find 3 pins corroded on the transfer case control module (cleaned them and the plug) cleared the codes. Shortly after these replacements the truck will not start at all. I have spark, compression, fuel pressure, fuel pulse at injectors, no vacuum leaks to speak of, I checked and cleaned all grounds that have to do with the PCM, I have checked the MASS, Throttle position sensors and actuator. I'm down to tracing power that comes from the electronic brake control module that feeds the TCCM, but I'm frustrated and am at a loss. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and an auto mechanic on the side as a hobby. Please give me some direction of where to go from here.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. I can help you diagnose the problem but this will need to be done over the phone. It is an extra $26. Let me know if thats OK and I will call you now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My trucks priority has been pushed back due to having new born twins and a work schedule that is erratic . I rarely have time to work on it, and what little time becomes available is undetermined. Can you please give me some sort of direction?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Absolutley! Are you willing to pay/rate my answer if I point you in the right direction?