karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified, L1,Iatn sponser,tech net training, automotive training group certificates
17741603

2002 Tahoe AC Doesn't work blows heat always. When attempt

Customer Question

2002 Tahoe AC Doesn't work blows heat always. When attempt to turn on air light on control panel blinks a couple of times and shuts off.
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaking. hose from compressor into firewall is real cold, just not turning on in cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not off hand
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like you don't have any blower fan operation, If I read correctly the large a/c line is cold and I would suspect the other smaller a/c line is warm or hot. Those have a lot of problems with the blower fans and the blower control module.

You could remove the right lower dash black panel so we can do some testing / inspection at the blower motor and control module. Do you have a volt meter, or at least a test light?

Check fuse # ***** in the under hood box. it is a 30 amp fuse for the blower motor.

Also check the heater a/c fuse in the left side inside fuse box 25 amp to see if it is ok

Did you find any issues with the fuses, were you able to check the blower motor and control module connectors for any issues?