virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

I have a 2012 Chevy Colorado 4 cylinder 5 speed I change the

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2012 Chevy Colorado 4 cylinder 5 speed I change the spark plugs only because it was getting close to a hundred thousand miles and I thought it would get me better gas mileage I change them to the Autolite iridium and it ran really rough so I change them again to the AC delco's and it's still doing the same thing where it's running rough and it also idles rough I made sure to check the gap and it's at it's recommended gap which is .040
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So to start with, do you have any codes now?
And did all of this start after changing plugs?Did you reconnect everything right?Let me know on these questions and I'll continue to helpThanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this all started after i changed the spark plugs and i am pretty sure that i reconnected everything correctly and no i went to autozone and they said that since my check engine light isnt on that they cant check for codes. Also when i am driving mostly in first gear my truck will run at 2000 rpms without me pressing the gas then stops and if i put it in nuetral it revs up and then goes back down to about 600 rpms.
It sounds like there is a vacuum leak. Did a vacuum hose get knocked off accidentally? And would you mind taking a picture of the top of the engine so I can see the whole engine and post it here? I'll see if I can notice anything.Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am at work right now but i will in a couple hours
Sounds good. Thanks
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
Do you still want/need help with this problem?
Did my advice help? If so would you mind rating it? If not let me know what I can do to assist.Thanks