Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

My 2010 chevy colbolt is switching off at stops signs and at

Customer Question

my 2010 chevy colbolt is switching off at stops signs and at red lights what is the problem and is it a recall
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does it always start right back up when this occurs?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No i have to restart it
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,one common component that will cause this fault here that I have seen several times before in the past is a fault with the crank position sensor itself.I have seen this sensor fail before requiring replacement.This will cause the engine to stall when coming to a stop or red light or similar as I have seen several times before.

Depending on the liter engine in your model this sensor is usually anywhere from $30 to $120 and about an hours labor or less to replace.This is most common for this fault here as I have replaced allot of these before for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete