Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

2007 Silverado Z71 4x4, acts like a disconnected battery. no

Customer Question

2007 Silverado Z71 4x4 , acts like a disconnected battery . no lights cant set the door locks , or anything electrical . Its been to the dealership at a cost of nearly 400.00 bucks and they replaced the battery cables stating the was a voltage drop . If that were so why would the truck not respond electrically all the time ? its intermittently a problem .
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: this was something the dealership ruled out .
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: K1500 xcab . VIN # *****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No to Technical for me .
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I purchased used , probably should have bit the bullet and got a new one this truck has cost me more than A 1500 since march with $256.00 per month on top .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.It sounds like your ignition switch internal contacts are not connecting at times. But to answer your question a battery cable would not intermittently be bad like that. It sounds like they were grasping at straws.
Can you tell me all what has been done so far for this problem so I can help better?
It sounds like a defective ignition switch but I can't believe they wouldn't have either checked it or replaced it.Let me know so I can continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem?
Let me know please.