Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2004 trailblazer wont start. Battery is okay. All lights

Customer Question

2004 trailblazer wont start. Battery is okay. All lights work, windows go up and down, radio turns on. Can't shift the gears out of park.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brake lights do work. Where would I check for codes? not tried much just getting an idea of what is up.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Dont think so. This just came out of the blue. wonder if it is fuse for the break switch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. You might just have a bad starter? Have you checked for power down at the starter?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

If the shifter wont move out of park, then start by checking all fuses first and then check for power down at the starter. If there is power at the starter but the starter is not activating, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced. Sometimes the fuse block or power distribution center is at fault not allowing power to certain components causing this sort of issue. Once you have confirmed there is no power down at the starter, then we can pull a wiring diagram and trace the problem down. So checking for power down at the starter with the key in the CRANK position is the next step.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.