rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Having trouble with my 2008 chevy Equnox. I turned the

Customer Question

Having trouble with my 2008 chevy Equnox. I turned the engine off hear a loud humming nose coming from the fuse boxes plus the Check engine light is,on ,ABS light
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked the fuse boxes don't see any blown fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

That may be a relay that you hear, but with all those lights on, you need to attache a scan tool to get the codes and acquire data.

Thanks, Ron