Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Can you help me with my truck? I upload a video: Its a

Customer Question

Hello. Can you help me with my truck?
I upload a video:
Its a Colorado 2005 L5
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its a GMC CANYON 2005
VIN 1GTDT136358152474
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN!. Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No codes are present and no check engine light on. The check engine light turns on when the engine begin to shutting off.
At the same time the antithef-passlock light blinks 3 second
If you check the video carefull on second 35 and 55 when engine shutts off both lighs turns on at the same time.
Then both lights are gone
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Right.. this sounds to me like either a bad ignition switch or a bad module on board the vehicle. You are going to have to verify this by checking to see which module and or the ignition switch when the problem occurs to see what is losing power..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I get this truck two years ago and the problem already was present but only one time per week then a year ago 5-7 per week, then 2-3 times a day and now it's constantI changed only the part that has a conector in the ignition switch, i think its the passlock sensor, I bought at amazon original passlock (ACDelco D1462G GM Original Equipment Ignition Lock Housing Notes: HAS SHAFT LOCK, INCLS PASSLOCK SENSOR, SWITCH)Where are located both modules??
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Which module?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The modules to check if are working good or replace.
Well if you see it's a thing that are getting worse since I get the truck
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.
I will get you the locations and post back tomorrow morning. Thanks and have a great night.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and sorry for the delay!

The BCM is located Right lower A-pillar behind the right front kick panel.

The PCM is located on the left front side of engine compartment

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.