GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 1984 Camaro Z-28 5.0 liter HO, 5 speed

Customer Question

I have a 1984 Camaro Z-28 5.0 liter HO, 5 speed transmission. Bought the car new, drove the car everyday except for the last 5 years it sat idle. I am in the process of getting it ready to drive again, I changed the plugs, wires, rotor distributor, rotor, vacuum lines, egr, alternator, installed a rebuilt e4me quadrajet carb. I am hearing a skip in the engine, rechecked plugs wires. What I am hearing is a little tapping sound , seems like it's coming from the transmission, when I depress the clutch it goes away, Ivs been told it could be bearings in engine. Engine runs smooth at idle but you can feel a slight miss under load. What is your opinion, car has a 107,000 miles on it. If it's major engine work probably not worth continuing.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Noises can be difficult to diagnose without the benefit of hearing them. Is there any way you can record the noise, with a phone perhaps and then upload to youtube and post the link here for me

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I recorded the noise, can you send me an email address that you can retrieve it.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I am not allowed to give out email address per site policy. You can upload it to youtube or even a free media storage space like Dropbox or Mediafire and post a link here to it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I no that wavy to upload to you tube I need some time to figure out
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 4 months ago.

can you play the sound clip via phone?