Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a p30 motor home and recently had a proble with the

Customer Question

I have a p30 motor home and recently had a proble with the brakes seizing up.
I took it to a shop and they replaced the master cylinder and hydroboost.Problem: The brake pedal travel almost to the floor, with poor brakiing.
Since I have owned the RV for several years, the pedal only trveled a couple of inches and had good stoppping power.
Now I am afraid to drive it.The shop states the hydro boost spec is 6" pedal travel the brakes are "soft" but in spec....I don't agree and looked it up online.
From what I find the 6" is with the engine OFF and the compressed height with engine ONM should be
~2 1/2".Is this correct?
If so, is there a GM or hydroboost spec that You can provide so I can print it out and take it to the shop for discussion??Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I found 2 different brake pedal travel specs so I do not know which to believe being accurate. You can adjust for brake travel by adjusting the rear brakes shoes. The tighter they are the less distance the pedal will go down. Have the rear brakes been adjusted yet?

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris