GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My navigation/radio/back up camera works intermittenly,

Customer Question

my navigation/radio/back up camera works intermittenly
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: radio works
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 suburban
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 5 months ago.

is it just the backup camera that glitches or the display itself no matter whats on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Display itself sometimes it comes on. Most of the time blank

does the line run to the back valve cover?

sorry wrong post. hang on one moment i beleive there is a programming update for yours let me check

Service Information

2008 Chevrolet Suburban - 4WD | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon VIN C/K Service Manual | Document ID:(###) ###-####/p>

#PIT4474E: Navigation Or Radio Display Blank Or Flashing DTC B1265, B1288 Or B1289 - (Jan 28, 2014)

Subject: Navigation Or Radio Display Blank Or Flashing DTC B1265, B1288 Or B1289

Models: 2007-2014 Cadillac Escalade Models

2007-2013 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500, Suburban, Tahoe

2007-2013 GMC Sierra, Yukon Models

2014 Sierra 2500/3500, Yukon Models

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT4474D.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment of one or all of the following concerns:

• Navigation or radio screen is blank or flashes on and off
  • No sound from speakers
  • Rear DVD screen inoperative
  • DTC B1265, B1288 Or B1289
  • Navigation disclaimer message intermittently will be displayed (see below)

This condition may be caused by the remote enable signal wire circuit 7066 being shorted to ground. This remote enable signal comes from the radio and feeds the Amplifier (except vehicles with RPO Y91 or any 2009 and later Chevrolet Utility equipped with RPO STZ), the antenna module (utilities only), and the rear video display (with RPO U42).

Note: When the remote enable signal wire (Circuit 7066) is first shorted to ground, the navigation screen or radio display may start to flash. If the wire remains shorted for more than 2 minutes, the navigation or radio display goes blank. The radio's current limiting logic will not re-enable the output on the entertainment remote enable circuit until after the radio performs a full power–down. It may be necessary to wait 5 minutes with the key OFF and retained accessory power OFF for the radio to re-enable this output.

Recommendation/Instructions

If you experience this concern, check for a short to ground on the remote enable signal wire (Circuit 7066) and repair and re-route the circuit as needed. The most common area of concern is a shorted wiring harness near the rear DVD display screen under the headliner

I didn't see one however i did find this bulletin, here is the schematic for the circuit in question