GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Cam have a 2010 colbalt 2.2 ectec motor have 70000 miles on

Customer Question

Hi Cam My name is***** have a 2010 colbalt 2.2 ectec motor have 70000 miles on it I have like a popping sound coming fro=m the passanger side I took off the drivebelt to see if it was one of thaacessories but not still apopping soun or maybe a slapping sound . had a fulls ythentic oil change and filter it quitted it up for a while then I noticed when it was cold engine ran smooth as a clock till it got to 199F and obove boy it started rattling like it it overheatin but it only 199 and above fan comes on at 215 so Im baffled
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

is it coming from the timing cover? is the engine light on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its sound like from the timing cover area but no light it run smooth at all times
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

phone offer put thru