Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I purchased two dorman key fobs and programmed them with the

Customer Question

i purchased two dorman key fobs and programmed them with the included tool and now the car does not start with the remote or the key. Was running fine before doing this
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine does not turn over battery is brand new just replaced it less than 2 months ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 malibu 2lt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i've tried charging the battery to make sure it is charged but no luck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery fully charged no power car, key fobs do not work lights do not work.
Not sure what the problem could be or where to begin checking.
Fuses all are good from what I can tell.
If you try to turn on the headlights you hear a clicking sound
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The headlights not working is a good sign the battery cable connections at the battery or the fuse box or chassis are making poor connection. Can you check and clean those. I have ran into many having poor luck with aftermarket fobs and keys and programming. You may still end up needing OEM stuff and a scan tool to correctly program them. Let me know the results of the cable cleaning.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris