George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years

Locating the orifice tubetube, Tube on a 2000 chevy blazer,

Customer Question

Locating the orifice tubetube
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Tube on a 2000 chevy blazer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i have compressor off and drier
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just need to know the location its a 2000 chevy blazer with 4.3 automatic 2 door
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

The orifice tube is located inside the evaporator tube at the evaporator. To remove and install the orifice tube, you will need a special tool: Orifice Tube Remover and Installer or Equivalent. For an image location view, click here:

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Image doesnt look like my truck.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

My apologies. This is the only location I am showing for this vehicle. I will opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist. Sorry for any inconvenience. Sit tight one sec... someone will be with you shortly...

Expert:  George H. replied 4 months ago.

Hello different expert here

Look in the outlet of the condenser, usually that is where the tube is.. The fitting for the line is a little larger and you can see a small crimp in the line that holds the tube.

Let me know if that is what you are seeing.