Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

You helped me with a ground issue in April. I have s brake

Customer Question

You helped me with a ground issue in April. I have s brake light issue now I'd like a hand with
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can explain what type of problem you are having with your break light I will help you with this concern. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Ron,
I have an 05 Silverado which I replaced the cab. Everything works except the brake lights. I have asked just answer earlier in spring and the first mechanic bowed out and the second one was asking me to try stuff but not really following up . So I asked for another mechanic and he closed the session.
Now I am starting fresh with you. Fuse has power on both sides
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay are you getting power at the break light switch?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ron is the brake light switch on the brake pedal? If yes there is no power to the brake pedal.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Yes the break light switch is on the top of the break pedal. Power to the break light switch come from the break light fuse located in the interior fuse panel on the brown wire to the switch. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Do you have power in and out of the fuse? Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll print out this diagram today and start working on it Tommorrow . I've checked this before and there is no power to brake pedal and fuse is live on both sides. There is a plug hanging down under dash that is live and with a continuity tester goes to brake fuse. I will show you a photo of it. When I changed the cab, I'm thinking I plugged something in wrong or missed a plug.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If this wire is coming from the break fuse that it need to be connected to the connector for the break feed at the switch. Look at the wiring diagram when you can and let me know if you see a connector number and Ill look for a location.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok great let you know
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Sounds good. Im here all day if needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I looked at the drawing you sent. I don't have power to the fuses in the cab that I have highlighted in red. I also could not find a spot for that plug and have a couple more which I'll send you photo's of. Thinking they are accessories ? There is a wire plugged into the brake pedal presently.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

With out being there to see what you are trying to do all I can doe from here is provide you with the complete power distribution wiring diagrams which show you where all the power supply's come from. See them in the 6 links below. Have a look at them and see if this will help you find the source.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's not much help Ron, but thanks. Is Gary still available? I worked well with him.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Ill open the post back up. If hes around he can see if he can help you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No response after days?