Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

I opened my yesterday. tried to close it. it closes about 4

Customer Question

i opened my yesterday. tried to close it . it closes about 4 inches stops .retracts about 1 inch and stops.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: sunroof
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 equinox LTZ
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i took off the wires to the switch and reattached them and the i pulled the fuse waited about 5 minutes then reinstalled the fuse
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: i dont have a wiring diagram i just have the book for the car from the dealer that showed what fuse to pull
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i would repair it but i might have to take it in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when i try to close my sunroof it closes about 4 inches and stops.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you do any thing else lets start with resetting the sun roof controls. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to do this. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Give this a try and post back if need be and we can work from there.