GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I just go a 2004 chevy impala. But the check engine light

Customer Question

I just go a 2004 chevy impala. But the check engine light was on the code p0742 and p0758 came up what does the mean and is it major issue
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: It is solid and only shaking when i stop and then speed up like an axel boot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and no to trying things on it i got a couple of days ago i need a car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No for now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Impala.

It sounds like you just bought this Impala, correct?

What have you tried so far, have you been to a repair shop? or what items have you replaced?