Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Ignition is off but truck won't shut off. It is still

Customer Question

Ignition is off but truck won't shut off. It is still energized.
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: 200,000 miles and battery is new
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 95 Silverodo
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 1995
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. He is going out to the garage to look at the wire so it will be a few minutes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Energized ignition stops when you disconnect the orange and black wire on fire wall on the right side.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.

IF the Ignition is ON & the Engine is NOT running, disconnect the Battery Cable & turn off the key
IF the Ignition is ON & the Engine is running, disconnect the Alternator Plug, disconnect the Battery & turn off the key
.
Once the Engine is off, reconnect what ever you disconnected & check what may be causing the issue

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That didn't answer my question. I need help with the wiring not the battery.

I'm sorry.............The info you provided never mentioned that & the info was very sparse to say the least. ....My answer was correct for what you posted
1995 Silverado?........What Model?.......What Engine?........Automatic or Manual Transmission?

.

I need help with the wiring not the battery.
.

I cannot see or touch the vehicle, so you need to provide as much INFO as possible.........

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The problem was isolated by unplugging the wiring on the fire wall. The orange wire comes from the hot side of the fuse box (this fuse box is under the hood). The other end of the plug is orange and green.