GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevy 2009 Cobolt. My fault code is p0641. along with a

Customer Question

Chevy 2009 Cobolt. My fault code is p0641. along with a reduced power indication from odometer led display. Really confused on this one. in looking up the sensors attached to this 5v reference to ecm, it covers a wide range of sensors. I am beginning to think on thre line of MAP sensor due to the fault reoccures at speeds of arrounf 55mph, after resetting the fault code. Also my ac is is not consistant and the ac system pressure is ok. How can I narrow this problem to a componant or at least a section of wiring. The fault is a short to ground or short to voltage. The circuit is 5v reference #1 circuit
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

I want you to check something. By the oil filter you will have some wires. I would like you to check and see if any of the wires by the oil filter and oil filter housing have rubbed through.