Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I own a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS and my brake light, abs light,

Customer Question

I own a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS and my brake light, abs light, and traction light are on in dash. They have been on for 4 or 5 years, but the brakes work fine. I never had them fixed, or to find out why they were on. I do not know if they are causing my problem, or it is something else. My problem is for the past year occasionally one front wheel would partially lock on causing a drag on that one wheel. last year I replace the rotos, caliber, and brake line. It stop the problem for about 9 month. Is it possible that abs is causing my problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So unlikely that your abs is causing it. When the light is on, it means your abs is disabled.
I want you to try something, when it starts to drag or lock up, loosen the bolts that hold the master cylinder to the booster. Loosen them about a half inch.Let me know what happens.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.
Can I assist further with this problem? Or do you still need help?Please rate my help if I have been helpful.Thanks
Sonny