Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Codes P0700 and P2724, Solenoid stuck on. Trans seems to be

Customer Question

Codes P0700 and P2724, Solenoid stuck on. Trans seems to be shot. And TSB's or recalls on this?
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes, i scanned it to get the codes. I did not clear them. Thr truck slips in reverse when it heats up and no it locked into 1st after slipping in drive.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 Silverado 1500 4wd. 6 speed tranny
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have an appointment Monday morning at my dealership. I'm not gonna touch it. It has 70K on it. I'm hoping it won't cost a lot. Probably needs a new trans
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

99 % of these that are slipping like this and setting those codes will require a new transmission or this one to be removed and rebuilt

there are no recalls or TSB's for this type of issue on this trucks transmission

is the fluid dark and smells burnt ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer