sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I am getting error code DTC 54, i replaced the fuel pump

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** am getting error code DTC 54
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: i replaced the fuel pump relay
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: it is stuck in first gear and the windows and spedomoter doesent work
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 1994
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: G-20
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 350 CID engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have a handful of different issues going on. The speedometer and windows wouldn't be related unless the entire instrument cluster was down along with other items such as with the case of a bad ignition switch. The code 54 could be a couple things depending on where it was found, if it was in the engine controller then it's a fuel pump relay code, it's also an ABS code. I'm assuming you read it as an engine code but a fuel pump relay issue would cause a no start condition.

The site does ask that a separate question page be opened for unrelated issues. Would you like to concentrate on one or two of these issues here?