rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I am receiving a battery saver active comes on

Customer Question

good morning...I
am receiving a battery saver active comes on quite frequent...sometimes while driving the engine will just shut down....what causes this?
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: the battery has been tested and it is fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy uplander 2wd3.5 engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was told it may be the starter or alternator...I will have it serviced by a local mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It shouldn't be the starter, but it can be a bad alternator not charging properly. Most car parts stores will check this for you for free.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thank you----im still not sure---