Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Driver side seat want work in 2000 chevy avalanche changed

Customer Question

driver side seat want work in 2000 chevy avalanche changed switch still want work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description either there isn't enough amps to the motors or the ground has failed. At the switch verify there is battery voltage on the orange and ground on the black wires. For circuits using this many amps I use a sealed beam headlamp bulb and a couple of jumper wires setup the same as a test light. The ground for the seat switch and motors if just under the seat off from the connector.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have a ground to box can it be the computer
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

From what I have there are no computers in the power seat circuit. What kind of diagrams are you looking at?

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

The memory seat module is only for the memory. Follow was I posted earlier to verify the power and ground to the module.