Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Have replaced the plastic bushing on my clutch pedal on my

Customer Question

Have replaced the plastic bushing on my clutch pedal on my 99 S10 but it still pops off. My pedal still moves left and right even with new bushing. What else should I be looking at?
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: No. Have already put in a new clutch about 20,000 miles ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 99 s10 2.2 l
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've replaced the clutch ignition switch and bearing. Still wouldn't start so I bypassed the switch. Now it starts but the pedal won't stay in place.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that I've eliminated the thought of electrical issue. It's mechanical
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry no one has gotten to you yet. I believe I can help on this concern. I can help now or tomorrow afternoon when I log back in if you do still want our help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chris I didn't see this response until just now. Been taking my dash apart today trying to get to some other bushings that may be out. No luck even locating them.

Since the pedal is physically moving side to side that can only mean the bushing it rides on is wrong or worn or installed wrong or the shaft it rides on is worn out allowing to much slack. I do not have one to look at and repair guides do not have images of this. Can you get me some pictures and maybe I can see what is wrong?

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately so far that continues to be the problem is I can't get to these bushings and that's just to check and see if there's something going on. I'm hot and exhausted. Doing this with no shade in S.A. Tx. Will take some pics. Hope to be able to call you tomorrow.

That will be perfect.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris