mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have Chev. Lumina ltz 2008 , and i tried to switch on

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i have Chev. Lumina ltz 2008 , and i tried to switch on doors or engine it didnt work and it shows on the screen security lock is activated
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, but i didnt try any thing just i tried to switch on engine and it didnt start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no idea in fact, am not sure what is the root cause of the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I attached the doc you need to fix that issue.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the attached is the key for the Chevrolet Lumina 2008 LTZ, the attached document applicable as well for this
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.

i would still start with performing the security relearn procedure with that key if you have not already.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok i will try today once am back home
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried to do procedure but unfortunately when i put the key in the switch for on position i couldnt take it back only on position and start position....