Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Air Conditioning blows hot. was told conmpressor is not

Customer Question

Air Conditioning blows hot. was told conmpressor is not sending freon or something. junk in line estimate 1300. charged 2 months ago..worked fine for about month and stopped
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: not sure what you mean. hose supposedly had leak and was fixed when a/c charged 2 months. also, heat was working sometimes, others woul;dnt get hot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no.
\
JA: Huh?
Customer: not trying to fix myself. wonder if mechanic is pulling my leg with $1300
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no, intermittant heat getting hot in winter, a/c not cold after being charged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I can assist better, would you mind telling me the yr, model and engine size?
That way I can better estimate the job for you.Thanks
Sonny
Do you still want help with this?