Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

How do I locate my drain tube on 2006 Chevy Malibu? : I have

Customer Question

How do I locate my drain tube on 2006 Chevy Malibu?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have stagnant water smell in my a/c. I tried using a/c duct cleaner, and it didnt help.
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Air flow is fine. It just has a bad smell.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm in need of help locating the drain tube. I have a/c evaporator odor eliminator. I just can't find the drain tube. I'm at a lost.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the a/c and heater duct cleaner and it didn't do the trick.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No ma'ma.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

The air conditioner evaporator drain tube only allows for the draining of the condensation of the water that accumulates on the outside of the evaporator core, so it would not make any difference on anything in the ducts.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Does it also have a bad smell when the heater is on or just the vents, without the ac on?

Does it make a difference between just plain ac and max ac, cause on max ac it shuts off the inlet door and recirculates the air just from the inside.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.