GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2008 cobalt/ 60,000 miles manual trans. Thought I

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cobalt/ 60,000 miles manual trans. Thought I had a bad wheel bearing, replaced, but still have grind noise. spinning drvers side tire makes no noise. spinning pass tire emits a grind but under vehicle at driveshaft. wondering if this would be the outer bearing of the trans carrier
JA: How many miles are on the car? Other than this issue, how has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Mileage is 60,500. car is great, first time any problem has come up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well that depends. I would like to but am unsure of a few aspects of the job. I have done the wheel bearing and I know that to pull the shaft this is the area to begin the disassembly. Haven't really read up on pulling the shaft and don't know what keeps it or bearings in
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I do use it to haul a yard trailer with a mower but well below the towing capacity of the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

do you still have the old drivers side hub/bearing you replaced ?