Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

1996 CHEVY S100 ENGINE NO HAVE POWER,WHEN I ACELERATE NO HAS

Customer Question

1996 CHEVY S100 ENGINE NO HAVE POWER,WHEN I ACELERATE NO HAS POWER.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was fuel pressure tested at all?

Is the check engine light on at all with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

HOW I CAN CK.FUEL PRESSURE ?

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Did you still need help on this here with testing the fuel pressure?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

YES I NEED TO KNOW HOW CK.FUEL PRESSURE

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,the fuel pressure on this model needs to be between 41 and 47 psi with the key on and engine off.If any lower then 41 or if the pressure drops off rapidly after the pump runs for the first two seconds then the pump needs replaced in most cases.A fuel presssure test gauge either threads onto the fuel injector rail onto the test port on the fuel rail or if this model is not equipped with the test port the fuel filter needs removed and an adapter needs obtained that goes in line where the filter was installed.You can usually rent the tester and adapter for this model here from a local parts store.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete