Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

87 celebrity 2.5 runs great but when engine gets warm can

Customer Question

87 celebrity 2.5 runs great but when engine gets warm can drive about 15 to 20 miles it stalls out. starts right up but as soon as i put it in gear it stalls immediately. but will start right up again. let set about 10 minutes and its good for another 10 miles. changed ignition control module. O2 sensor put in new spark plugs, same thing all over again
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the voltage?
Customer: no havent done that yet milage is not so great but no havent checked voltage yet Was thinking coil packs but they cost like 80 bucks for the pair. will the MAP cause this reaction
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ignition control module O2 sensor temp sensor new spark plugs
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem,this sounds as if you may have a bad crank sensor,these crank sensors will do this with heat sometimes when they go bad and most times not give a code for it.

when a crank sensor does this intermediate like this,testing it may not help,you will need to replace it

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/855xm7i1da1o315/0614-celeberty-Crankshaft%20Sensor%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/855xm7i1da1o315/0614-celeberty-Crankshaft%20Sensor%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help