Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 2005 Chevy SSr with the top stuck in the down

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chevy SSr with the top stuck in the down position.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was told by the dealer that I need a part that's no longer made... When you start the car the light comes on... some sort of THSM or TCM light.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: there are about 70K and the battery works.. It's only about a year old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I contacted GM and they sent me to a dealer here in Scottsdale AZ and then now I am thinking about taking it to a kind of after market detailing place to see if they can help me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I went out and started the car and the light that comes on says... TLAT HALL SWITCH FAULT.. That's the part that the dealer says they can't get.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

TLAT HALL SWITCH FAULT — Displays when folding top switch is active and a fault is present with the stowage compartment lid panel latched, left or right, hall effect switch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't understand anything about your answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do I need to do something in the storage compartment?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not want the Call me option
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

I looked up what that message meant, I was reading and found this, someone talks about how to change that switch while someone else says you have to try to find one in the salvage yards while someone else says someone named Niceville Bill either has them or can get them, http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/tlat-hall-switch-fault-14198/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome and don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.