Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Chevrolet just replaced sway bar pins(?) due to one broke.

Customer Question

Chevrolet just replaced sway bar pins(?) due to one broke. Now I have 2 issues:
The truck idles high, rpms between .5 and 1. Gas consumption has increased enormously. .60 miles per uarter tank(usually I get 100 miles per quarter tank.)
Second issue. .. The truck feels like it is being held back and upon higher speeds, vibrates.
Truck was running perfect prior to installation of pins. No problem with idle or gas consumption before this also...I had just stated the day prior that using a quarter tank and I had gone 150 miles.
Can you offer assistance?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master technician, I can help you with this problem.

Is the check engine light on? Have you had the truck scanned for codes?

If the it idles high, you could have a vacuum leak, the computer would see alot of oxygen on the front o2 sensor, in turn the computer would compensate and add fuel, causing you to have poor fuel economy. Check the tail pipe for excessive black soot.

You need a scan tool capable of reading live data. Then check the Short and Long term fuel trims.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I have not had it scanned.
The engine light is not on.
Can any repair shop scan for codes?
Why doesn't it show a mechanical error on instrument panel? This would seem a major issue with vehicle usage.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You could also go to most any major auto parts store and get a free scan.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Dan again, hoping you are satisfied with my service.

Could you please rate the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!