Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

96 chevy k1500 6.5l diesel starts and runs fine until it

Customer Question

96 chevy k1500 6.5l diesel starts and runs fine until it reaches operating temperature then stalls and hard restart no throttle response
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

are there any codes set at all ?

when it will not start and you open a fuel injector line at any fuel injector is there any fuel coming out of that injector line when cranking it over ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do get fuel from injectors previous owner installed pmd without resistor p1218 p0404 and p0717 are the only codes it has runs and drives great when its runs i understand that p1218 will set if ecm does not read proper resistor value
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

if its still setting the 1218 code the injection pump would need to be changed next

that code is cut and dry for what to do next

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have the batteries out and charging right now will check again tomorrow after work and get back with you thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

anytime

you can always get me back through this post for FREE with any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer