Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I pulled into my driveway and my truck just shut off and now

Customer Question

Hello I pulled into my driveway and my truck just shut off and now it won't start. it is a 2001 chevy silverado with 8.1L changed dcm crank sencor and cam senior
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 217000 and new
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: did our typing cross or did i not give enough info
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah kinda of
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ecm cam and crank sencor
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: its been hard starting for a while off and on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not even crank over at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It cranks over
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Have you checked for spark and or fuel when cranking it over? Are there any codes in the computer? Does the engine run on starting fluid?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has fuel no codes a mechanic looked at it said there is no injector pulse but couldn't figure out why after the ecm cam and crank sensor where changed he pretty much walked away and had it towed back to my house. He said he didn't understand why after all that it still won't start
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.
I can figure it out. Would you be willing to talk on the phone? I get off work at 7 o'clock tonight and can talk then.