Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Service 4wd in the odomiter window on, &dash board switch

Customer Question

service 4wd in the odomiter window on, &dash board switch lites are off& it will not shift.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: only fuse I can find is on the end of dash drivers side. thought should have a circet breaker some place, but can not find it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 silverado LS HD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hoping to fix my self , chect the fuse OK changed it anyway ,checked under the hood for circet breaker no find , Iam 100 miles from a dealer ont easy to get there . do all of my own service work, thats why I bought a chev, may be , that was not a good move. Got it new in 05 wave lots of trouble with the electricel
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Inst. panel the last 5 years, gages trans. temp ,tac ,fuel reads wen full ,neenel goes all the around to the low fuel lite.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all of these occur at the same time and you have the key on or engine running and since it will not shift one of the more common faults can be the electronic ignition switch itself.I have had to replace this switch in the past before for issues similar to this here.You will need to test the voltage in and voltage out on this switch to see if this is the cause for sure.If you have a multi meter or test light I can try and locate the testing info for you just let me know.I have had to replace allot of these switches on the GM trucks and other models for this issue here.One or more contacts in the switch usually fail causing the electrical issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete