GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Cab and I was

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Cab and I was wondering if there I some way to easily remove the back seats in order to get seat covers on?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to, yes. I haven't tried anything because I'm not sure what I'm doing. the seats just fold up, and i can't really get the seat covers on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 4 months ago.

all the 19mm nuts underneath as well as the seat belt anchors and they lift out, it has a latch they slide over in the rear so you will probably want to fully remove them in order to get the covers all the way on.