Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer with a manual ac console. I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer with a manual ac console. I have replaced resistor and have checked blower motor. Motor is working. I have power from ac console to connection that goes in to the resistor. The connection from the resistor to the blower does not show having power when I checked it. I have also checked all the fuses and they seemed to be working. The compressor is working and the clutch turn on when I turn the console on. The blower does not activate. Any other things I should check?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, there should be a black wire at th blower motor and resistor connector, with a volt meter set to ohms check them for coninuity to gorund. Let me know what you find and we can work further if needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Shows nothing
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Is this a 2wd, 4wd, a LT, SS, LS, EXT< etc and which engine is in this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's an EXT. 4.2 inline 6 4wd
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

I know it's the middle of the night, but when I got up to go to the bathroom, I seen your reply, so here is the wiring diagram.

I don't see you mentioning that you checked the fuse, so to begin, check that blower fuse (hot at all times) UNDER- HOOD FUSE BLOCK, ON LEFT SIDE OF ENGINE COMPT and make sure you test for voltage on both sides of the fuse.