BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I pulled into the parking spot at my apartment earlier, and

Customer Question

Hello, I pulled into the parking spot at my apartment earlier, and when I went to restart the Truck, it started, but it said unknown driver. the indicator for what gear PRND321 was lit up but the _ that shows were it is was out. Only the Tac and Speedo on dash are working, and the Break light, Airbag light, and Batt light are all on. The A/C compressor is not coming on, the controls come on, but not the compressor. The door locks will not work with remote or the switches on door. The passenger side window will go down only with the controls on passenger door, none of the heated seats will turn on. There is also no door chime. Radio is also not coming on. Daytime running lights do not work.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: OBD2 not functional. This is also a side effect
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Chevy Silverado SS Engine is 6.0 Liter with all wheel drive.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked all fuses and relays under hood and on drivers side of dash. All are good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is definitely an electrical issue. Start by checking the battery by having it load tested. If it does not pass a load test then this will occur. If it does then the failure is typically in the ignition switch, the body control module, or the fuse box. Most of the time it is caused by the ignition switch failing internally. If you have a voltage meter you can do a voltage drop test on it. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?