GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2015 Chevy suburban won't start. The back hutch won't

Customer Question

My 2015 Chevy suburban won't start. The back hutch won't unlock. I believe it's a anti theft thing.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine does not turn over battery is good
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I left the keys in the car came out and put something in the back shut it and went to start the car and it won't turn over. All other doors unlock but the back hutch. It really seems like a theft mechanism is activated
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unlock lock. Basically going through the owners manual and trying to reset something
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Does the security light come on when you first turn the key on and then after bulb check, usually 10 seconds or so, does the security light go out, or does it stay on or flash?