virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

My 2001 Chevy impala is having troubles with starting and

Customer Question

My 2001 Chevy impala is having troubles with starting and not starting when running the radio and message center flash all kinds of message and also the daytime running lights flash on and off when running. I have seen on line this is a common problem with this car but don't see clear fix
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to know what is causing these problem you are going to need to start first with scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No fault codes and I I have checked the obvious like grounds fuses
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Well with no fault codes to go on Im not sure this is something I can fix with out some hands on testing. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone has something different they can offer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have researched on different forms some say pass lock system is cause some say bcm could be cause but others say they try those and still not fixed
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

When you scanned it, did you scan the bcm? or just the pcm? If you scanned the bcm and no codes come up, then I would lean torwards a bad bcm. if it had a bad ground or power supply to it, it would set some codes still. usually some weird ones. But let me know if you scanned it specifically and I will continue to assist. Thanks Sonny

Do you still want help with this?
Do you still want assistance with this?