Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

It will idle but won't register that I'm tting the gas and

Customer Question

It will idle but won't register that I'm hitting the gas and when I turn off the key it stays running until I turn it back to on pos
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: No I can put it in any gear and it will drive just only idles down the road
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet don't know where to start its a weird issue
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: It idles rough if I hold the headlight switch in the off pos until I let it go and it springs back to auto its a 2006 4wd Silverado HD 6.0 litre gas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am terribly sorry I nor any of the other techs got your post sooner. I think Ic an help on this issue if you in fact still need/want help from us.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm confused as well to whats going on
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello can I get some advice like anything at all I paid for it and I'm getting nothing

Are there any trouble codes stored?

So it will start, you can apply full throttle and it only idles, correct?

So far the symptoms are pointing to a faulty electronic throttle body or a faulty accelerator pedal position sensor.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris