Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have no back taillights (turn or brake lights) I have

Customer Question

I have no back taillights (turn or brake lights) I have front turn signals but they are flashing at an abnormally fast rate both indicators on dash and the lights themselves. Is this a fuse problem or some other electrical problem?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy impala ls
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took off the fuse box cover in engine compartment
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm not sure if the taillights work with headlights on its daytime and i did not try headlights
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, the tail lights work with the headlights, but just the first click will turn on the tail lights and leave the head lights off. The second click will turn on both.

Here is the wiring diagram, check the fuses and then remove the bulbs that are not working and test for voltage in the socket. If there is voltage, try a new bulb. If there is no voltage check again at the next available spot for voltage.