Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

88 Blazer Silverado - no headlights, but dash lights. turn

Customer Question

88 Blazer Silverado - no headlights, but dash lights. turn signals tail lights and parking lights all work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the dimmer switch is at fault. Let me know if you have 2 or 4 headlamps so I can view the correct diagram for this circuit. Also let me know whether or not the high beams are also inoperative.

Let me know

Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Whether or not the system has 2 or 4 lamps check the connector for the headlamp switch and make sure it's not melted. At the headlamp switch connector verify the yellow wire is has power with the headlamps on. If you have power on the yellow most likely the dimmer switch is at fault. At the dimmer switch the yellow is power from the switch, the tan is for the low beams and light green is for the high beams. This circuit should be check with a test lamp to assure its integrity.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm following up on any progress with this repair. I hope the information I gave was helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know. BTW the dimmer switch is located on the column along with the electrical part of the ignition switch. Let me know if you do or don't have power on the yellow wire.

Thanks.